The Environmental Services Department will provide housekeeping services for the hospital six
days per week from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Sundays from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Environmental Services Manager reports directly to the
Chief Executive Officer. The responsibilities of the Environmental Services Manager will
- Establishing and directing the functions of the department
- Educating and managing personnel
- Scheduling workflow and assigning duties
- Maintaining supplies and equipment
- Keeping accurate records
The purpose of the Environmental Services Department is
to provide all patients, employees, and visitors with a germ-free and safe environment by
providing the following services:
- Cleaning and disinfecting patient and
non-patient areas according to policy and procedure
- Removing regular and medical
- Clean linen distribution and soiled linen pickups
- Handle any
unscheduled or emergency housekeeping services which fall under the routine scope of services of
the Environmental Services Department or that are considered necessary for health, safety, or
patient care (i.e., spills.)
- Evaluate and monitor the interior of the hospital for
areas or items needing repair (i.e., floor tiles, carpet, paint) and reporting items to the Plant
The department is
budgeted for 12.8 full-time equivalents. The department is under the direction of one manager and
one lead person. The remainder of the staff is composed of service aides.
A schedule is posted two weeks prior to completion of the
existing schedule. The schedule is the responsibility of the department manager. Either the
manager or the lead person will handle remaining duties in the event of a call-off. Employee
hours are increased or decreased according to service demands.
- Unit 3 requires 1 FTE.
- Unit 4 requires 1 FTE.
- ICU, Unit 1 and Obstetrics require one FTE.
- First floor ancillary units--ER,
Radiology, Lab, etc.--require one FTE .
- Floor care and trash hauling require one
- 2nd shift responsibilities for outpatient and all service calls requires two
- Operating Room responsibilities require one FTE.