Millcreek Community Hospital Department of Nursing
The Nursing Department at Millcreek
Community Hospital is committed to individualized quality care. Our focus is on the totality of
human behavior, encompassing the mind, body, and spirit. The Nursing Department provides need
fulfillment to the highest level possible regardless of race, gender, religion, diagnosis, or
socioeconomic status. Need fulfillment extends beyond the individual; integrating the family and
significant others in obtaining wellness and maintaining health. When wellness is not achievable,
quality and comfort will be provided. Collectively, the Nursing Department is committed to
excellence. Coordinating interdisciplinary collaboration, the Department ensures the highest
standards of care. The Nursing Department at Millcreek will continue to meet the challenges of an
evolving health care system, while utilizing resources effectively.
I. The Department of Nursing at Millcreek Community Hospital
- Provide nursing service collaboratively within the interdisciplinary
setting based on the basic beliefs outlined in Millcreek Community Hospital’s Philosophy of
Nursing and within the legal and ethical framework of the Pennsylvania Nurse Practice Act.
- Evaluate various nursing care delivery modalities based on changing consumer needs and
available nursing resources.
- Implement strategies that promote quality, cost effective
care to all consumers.
- Promote and enhance collegiality among all practicing
disciplines at Millcreek Community Hospital.
- Foster attributes and characteristics of
professional nursing practice and encourage an atmosphere in which professionalism
- Uphold the qualities of autonomy, accountability, commitment, and
awareness within the purpose and direction of nursing.
- Evaluate care based on
Professional Standards of Practice, outcome measurement for critical core areas of care delivery,
use of quality assurance criteria and American Osteopathic Association, and American Hospital
- Continue to facilitate self-improvement for all nursing
personnel by flexible approval for on going and continuous learning.
- Participate in
the development and implementation of healthcare services designed to meet the changing needs of
- Promote an environment conducive to staff involvement in decision
making activities to enhance the quality of care delivered.
- Promote an environment
that reinforces the self worth of all personnel.
- Provide staff development activities
that will promote improved care through the enhancement of nursing practice.
long-range plans developed for Millcreek Community Hospital.
- Work with the Hospital
Mission in the forefront.
- Promote patient safety in the Healthcare setting.