Millcreek Community Hospital Department of Nursing
The Nursing Department at Millcreek Community
Hospital is committed to individualized quality care. Our focus is on the totality of human
behavior, encompassing the mind, body, and spirit. The Nursing Department provides need fulfillment
to the highest level possible regardless of race, gender, religion, diagnosis, or socioeconomic
status. Need fulfillment extends beyond the individual; integrating the family and significant
others in obtaining wellness and maintaining health. When wellness is not achievable, quality and
comfort will be provided. Collectively, the Nursing Department is committed to excellence.
Coordinating interdisciplinary collaboration, the Department ensures the highest standards of care.
The Nursing Department at Millcreek will continue to meet the challenges of an evolving health
care system, while utilizing resources effectively.
NURSING SERVICE GOALS:
I. The Department of Nursing at Millcreek Community Hospital will:
- Provide nursing
service collaboratively within the interdisciplinary setting based on the basic beliefs outlined in
Millcreek Community Hospital’s Philosophy of Nursing and within the legal and ethical
framework of the Pennsylvania Nurse Practice Act.
- Evaluate various nursing care
delivery modalities based on changing consumer needs and available nursing resources.
- Implement strategies that promote quality, cost effective care to all consumers.
- Promote and enhance collegiality among all practicing disciplines at Millcreek Community
- Foster attributes and characteristics of professional nursing practice and
encourage an atmosphere in which professionalism flourishes.
- Uphold the qualities of
autonomy, accountability, commitment, and awareness within the purpose and direction of
- Evaluate care based on Professional Standards of Practice, outcome
measurement for critical core areas of care delivery, use of quality assurance criteria and
American Osteopathic Association, and American Hospital Association standards.
- Continue to facilitate self-improvement for all nursing personnel by flexible approval for on
going and continuous learning.
- Participate in the development and implementation of
healthcare services designed to meet the changing needs of the community.
- Promote an
environment conducive to staff involvement in decision making activities to enhance the quality of
- Promote an environment that reinforces the self worth of all
- Provide staff development activities that will promote improved care
through the enhancement of nursing practice.
- Support long-range plans developed for
Millcreek Community Hospital.
- Work with the Hospital Mission in the forefront.
- Promote patient safety in the Healthcare setting.