Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a part time Registration Clerk in our Emergency Room. All
shifts. Interested candidates can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail an application
or resume to: Millcreek Community Hospital, Attention: Human Resources, 5515 Peach Street, Erie, PA
1. Interviews patient or representative to obtain and record name, address,
age, religion, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending physician, and individual or
insurance company responsible for payment of bill.
2. Schedules and co-ordinates appointments for elective surgery.
3. Reviews hospital admissions to ensure accurate financial and biographical
data and documentation have been obtained and properly entered into the hospital records.
4. Explains hospital regulations such as visiting hours, etc.
5. Takes telephone orders for Outpatient Surgeries and Outpatient testing.
6. Escorts patient or arranges for escort to assigned room or ward.
7. Enters patient admitting information into computer and routes printed copy
to designated department.
8. Obtains signed statement from patient to protect hospital’s
9. Obtains signatures on all necessary insurance forms, assignments, etc.
Compiles data for occupancy and census records.
Collects deposits or deductibles as required.
After patient services rendered, compiles all
charges, makes copies for physicians when needed.
Prepares all data/material for E.R. Physicians
Files all ER/OP, Clinic, and Physical Therapy
Matches reports to corresponding chart in
preparation for coding. After charts have been coded,
separates charts for filing and billing.
Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
One to three months related experience and/or training; or Equivalent combination of
education and experience; Familiarity with medical terminology
English Language Skills:
Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence
Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
Must be able to lift up to and in excess of 25 pounds throughout the workday.
Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours.
Works in well lighted/ventilated areas.
Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.