Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time Registration Clerk in our Emergency Room. All
shifts. Interested candidates can email their resume to email@example.com or mail an application or
resume to: Millcreek Community Hospital, Attention: Human Resources, 5515 Peach Street, Erie, PA
1. Interviews patient or representative to obtain and record name, address,
age, religion, persons to notify in case of emergency, attending physician, and individual or
insurance company responsible for payment of bill.
2. Schedules and co-ordinates appointments for elective surgery.
3. Reviews hospital admissions to ensure accurate financial and biographical
data and documentation have been obtained and properly entered into the hospital records.
4. Explains hospital regulations such as visiting hours, etc.
telephone orders for Outpatient Surgeries and Outpatient testing.
6. Escorts patient or arranges for escort to assigned room or ward.
7. Enters patient admitting information into computer and routes printed copy
to designated department.
8. Obtains signed statement from patient to protect hospital s interests.
9. Obtains signatures on all necessary insurance forms, assignments, etc.
data for occupancy and census records.
deposits or deductibles as required.
patient services rendered, compiles all charges, makes copies for physicians when needed.
all data/material for E.R. Physicians billing.
all ER/OP, Clinic, and Physical Therapy charts.
reports to corresponding chart in preparation for coding.
After charts have been coded, separates charts for filing and billing.
duties as assigned.
Education Requirements: High School diploma or general education degree
One to three months related experience and/or training; or Equivalent
combination of education and experience; Familiarity with medical terminology
English Language Skills: Must be able to read, write and speak the English
language in an understandable manner.
Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence
Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
able to lift up to and in excess of 25 pounds throughout the workday.
bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours.
Works in well lighted/ventilated areas.
hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.